Monday, August 5, 2013

Cooper Hawk Juveniles flying and calling August 5, 2013

I went out for a coffee and stopped to see if there was any activity at the Cooper Hawk nest area. I expected nothing so I was very pleased to see three juveniles flying all over the lower woods. I heard them calling on my arrival and saw one swoop down to the bottom of the hill. I watched with amazement as they flew so effortless. Back and forth they flew. By the time I got to the bottom of the hill they were placed on a dead tree calling. Two in the one tree and one calling deeper in the woods. The one female was so large at first I thought it was the female but the eye is still pale. They have turned into beautiful juveniles. What a thrill to see them again. Each time is a thrill. Soon they will soar over Rosetta Hawk Watch on their migration south.